The MEGA project participated and presented results by means of
concrete end-user applications, services and special workshops at a number
of conferences, workshops and exhibitions. Here follows a list of the main
events MEGA participated to.
More info on the MEGA performances during the second year (November 2001 -
October 2002) can be found here.
More info on the MEGA performances during the third year (November 2002 -
October 2003) can be found here.
Events supported by IST/E3
MEGA participated to the following further events supported by IST/E3:
MediaFuture 2001 (Firenze, May 2001) (Camurri,
- Darmstadt Workshop on Technology Platforms for Cultural and Artistic
Creative Expression, May 21, 2001 (Van Belle, IPEM).
- Digital Heritage Support Actions Concertation Event, 21 June 2001,
Vienna (De Poli, DEI).
- Intl CAST01 Conference, GMD, Bonn, 21-22 Sept 2001 (Camurri, DIST).
- IBC2001 at ISTV IST/E3 Booth , Amsterdam, 14-18 Sept 2001
(All partners were represented).
- AMIRE Workshop,
during Concertation meeting on May 27, 2002 (Camurri, DIST).
Results from MEGA has been published on first-class
scientific journals (e.g., Computer Music Journal, International Journal
of Human Computer Studies, Journal of New Music Research
issues of IEEE Multimedia
(Guest editors A. Camurri and T. Rikakis)
and of Journal of New Music Research
(Guest editor G. Volpe) on
MEGA-related issues are planned for 2004. MEGA partially supported the 5th
International Gesture Workshop
Here follows a list of the main conferences in which MEGA
- Conference on Digital Audio Effects (DAFx-00), December 2000
- Mosart IHP Network Symposium, Padova, Italy, March 2001
- MediaFuture Conference, Firenze, Italy, May 2001.
Darmstadt Workshop on Technology Platforms for Cultural
and Artistic Creative Expression, May 2001.
- Digital Heritage Support Actions Concertation Event, Wien, Austria,
- International Joint Congress on Systematic and Cognitive Musicology,
Jyvaskyla, Finland, August 2001.
- Intl. Workshop Human Supervision and Control in Engineering and Music,
Kassel, Germany, Sept. 2001.
- CAST01 Conference, GMD, Bonn, Germany, September 2001.
- International Conference on Web Delivery of Music, Firenze, Italy,
- Workshop on Music and New Technologies, Trieste, Italy, November
- Workshop on Current Research Directions in Computer Music,
Barcelona, Spain, November 2001.
- First International Conference on WEB Delivering of Music, Florence,
Italy, November 2001.
- Conference on Digital Audio Effects (DAFx-01), Limerick, Ireland,
- International Conference on New Interfaces for Musical Expression (NIME-02),
Dublin, Ireland, May 2002.
- STOMPS 2002, Stockholm, Sweden, May 2002.
- International Conference on Music Perception and Cognition, Sydney,
Australia, July 2002.
- SIGMUS-46, Kyoto, July 2002
- International Conference ICMC2002, Gothenburg, Sweden, September
- International Conference IEEE - ROMAN2002, Berlin, Germany,
- 5th International Gesture Workshop, partially supported by MEGA,
Genova, April 2003.
- XIV Colloquium on Musical Informatics, Firenze, May 2003.
- BYOL Workshop (organized by EU IST AGNULA Project), July 2003.
- SMAC - Stockholm Music Acoustic Conference, Stockholm, August 2003.
- International Conference “Music and Gesture”, Norwich, UK,
Published papers - First
Published papers - Second
Published papers - Third year